Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mormon Battalion Celebration



Christine and I loaded up the kids and headed down to Old Town to commemorate the Mormon Battalion (I am proud to say my great-great....grandfather who was a pioneer joined and marched in Company E with his wife at his side who served as a laundress for all the men) and what a fun day it was! Alena made a pioneer doll named Sara and we all watched and learned a variety of activities the Pioneers did such as laundry, crafts, quilting and my favorite-making and eating those yummy 'woofums!' I am so thankful to be living in this day and age...all the little things we take for granted!

6 comments:

Christine said...

SO cute! Thanks for posting these pictures. That really was a lot of fun. Alena loves her doll. She says: "The favorite part that I liked dressing up as a pioneer and I liked making the doll too and getting gold"

Christine said...

...Dean liked the woof-ums. But he just liked shoving them into the coals so he didn't get to eat the one he made!

Moreau's said...

Alena, you are so beautiful! You looked so lovely in your pioneer clothes! I really liked the doll you made! Lauren, David, Kathren and West all say hi to you and your brother Dean! We wish we were in San Diego so we could have gone with you!

Hayden, we wish we could have been there with you too! You are getting so big!

What is that green stuff you guys are standing on? It is so pretty! I wish we had some of that here!

We love you all!

Rachel said...

Dido on wishing we could be there with you all. How fun! Alena you are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a good time and have each other to hang out with.
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Rachel said...

Oh and thanks for taking pictures and posting them. We miss you guys!

Jamma said...

Oh what cute pictures...looks like you all had so much fun. I know that Alena had fun and she loves her doll.