Thursday, October 18, 2007

it's time to blog!

Larry Dean II, Mary Diane, Little Larry, Christine, Alena, Dean, Ricky, Troy, Hayden, Rachel, Nick, Cristian, Jared and Marla . . . .

We've succumb to the pressures of the blog world. In an attempt to stay better connected, we've invited those with the credentials below to join us.

If you've ever . . . had a bone broken, something split open, or any another wound "accidentally" caused by Ricky; left the dinner table crying because you were "dum diddy dum dum dum"; rode your bike two houses up-one house down; spent endless summers swimming at grandma Hutchings; jumped from couch to couch playing the timeless game alligator; been pegged being a free target in shirt tag; danced in the living room to ghostbusters or ummm bop (thanks to the tape we forced Marla to buy); had a board game thrown at you; left the room angry after an intense game of Cranium; roller skated the trails of mast park; went around the country in a motor home; searched for a bite plate at San onofre; watched "chars" at grandma and papa's; wanted the receipt so you could take it back; biffed it on the skis, tubes or wake board; lost your glasses or some other article at Don Pedro; ate corn beef witches, ghoolosh, CHICKEN CHEESE MC NUGGETS or buffalo; learned all of Larry's skafety skids skongs; played skipbo with Great Grandparents-knock; stole a sip of dad's super big gulp while he left the room; sang the words to shut ups a bad word; carried rocks in a bucket up the hill; swam in Dad's beautiful pool; gave your child the come back" beep beep beep, I do not compute"; worked at Albertsons; wondered where Coco and Dakota magically disappeared to; broken a window-being thrown through one counts; dreaded having Fraulein call your name at Dr. Beckers office; driven to all the Mc Donalds in San Diego to collect Olympic basketball cups; given a talk in primary and have the whole family show up; ate texas sheet cake for your birthday; performed in an airband; craved Teo leos; listened to one of grandpa's jokes; had or given a hair cut on the piano bench; laughed at something Ricky said or did during the prayer; stayed after school to read your poetry ONLY in front of your teacher; been spanked by the paddle; ate breakfast with a cereal box in front of your face; sat on the third row in church; matched perfectly with your siblings at Disneyland; rarely ate a salad without homemade ranch dressing; piled into the back of the station wagon for some sporting event; been hogged tied with bike chains-and cried (Larry); watched every episode of Saved by the Bell atleast 10 times and could name each character by their real first name; . . . . . . . and the list goes on.

If you answered yes to any of the above, consider yourself welcome and obligated to contribute to our family blog. The idea is to post random happenings, and day to day experiences spanning from Santee to Provo to Meridian and everywhere in between. Please include stories, events and OF COURSE pictures for our viewing enjoyment.

5 comments:

Jamma said...

Reading all of these memories made me cry. I am so excited to have a family blog...thank you Rachel and Nick for setting this up. I hope we all catch the bug and this goes crazy. I just need to learn how to add pictures. I love my family!!!

gio said...

if you've ever cried while reading the family blog, consider yourself welcome at this blog.

MARLA said...

All I have to say is rude... It's not my fault I turned out that way. For all you know my teacher made me stay after cause I got in trouble. I knew those poems like the back of my hand and I even wrote one just for the blog.....
Blogging blogging is so fun
oh how I love to blog in the sun.
I love to blog in the rain.
I love to blog with a cane.

I love to blog all the time.
I think I'll make a stupid rhyme.

Bloging, bloging, so much fun.
I can do it on the run!

I can do it on the run, with a gun.
with a gun, staring at the sun

BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG!

I better see everyone on here or ELSE....

Jamma said...

Oh Marla..maybe you have missed your calling in life. A poet you are!! Thank you for inspiring us with those wonderful words. You are so cute and you make me laugh. I look forward to reading more words of wisdom from you and everyone else.

Rachel said...

you really did know those poems, and I'm sure you still remember them today. "herbert, sherbert . . ."
We were funny kids. How did we come up with the game Alligator anyway? And how did mom and dad survive all 5 of us?!