Saturday, October 20, 2007

We know we are COOL!!!

We are excited to be able to hear from everyone on a daily basis. As easy as it is to pick and the phone and call, it just doesn't seem to happen. All is going really good with our family.

Alena loves Kindergarten more and more each day. She is learning so much. She comes home everyday with a new song or story to share with us. Remember the characters that went along with every letter of the Alphabet? For me it was just an animal, but now those animals have names, a story to go along with it, and their own personal song. Alena knows every word and is not afraid to share it with everyone. She talks to people as if they were right there in class with her, using phrases like "remember when the teacher said" and "you know all about Sammy Seal right?" She definitely likes to share with us her new found knowledge.
Dean loves his extra time with his Mom in the mornings. Although he misses Alena, I think he enjoys being home alone. He is certainly stays out of trouble when he is by himself. He enjoys tackling, hitting, biting, and of course pinching (his favorite), typical boy things and likes to practice all of these skills on his sister. They remind me a lot of myself and Ricky. Dean sits there and goes after Alena but she will do nothing in retaliation. She just sits there and takes it and Dean keeps on giving it. But like all easy going individuals she too has a breaking point, and believe me you do not want to see her when Dean has pushed her to that point. Dean is getting REALLY FAST and is learning to recognize the look of Alena when she has had TOO MUCH. Dean is definitely an exciting part of our family and we love him a ton.
We love you and can't wait to hear from every one of you. There are still a few that I have not seen on the blog and would love to hear from you, even if it be a simple comment.
Love you
Larry III

4 comments:

Jamma said...

Yep, Larry you do have pretty cool kids...Grandma Diane (Jama) thinks so. I enjoy having them around and seeing all the new things that they come up with. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family and Grandchildren are a special part of that blessing!! I having done a blog page yet, but I am full of comments. Love you all!!!

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big Dean is. He looks so cute with his hat on backwards. Is Alena is the classroom with the bathrooms? When I was little I could never figure out how to flush those toilets, so I never would. Ha ha. I bet she's already figured it out because she's so smart. Hey where's Christine, I'm waiting for her blog debut. I heard you guys went swimming yesterday. No fair! Marla and I are already freezing!

MARLA said...

Yeah true that.. We are freezing as I sit here and watch the snow fall from my window... Where the heck am I? Your kids are so cute. I miss them so much. I think your kids got all their coolness from me! I love you guys so much.

Jed Butt said...

I love your kids, they are so adorable! I don't know why Alena is so cool but Dean is because of me and you all know it. Hahaha